Health & Safety
The management of Freight Traders Limited, are committed to providing and maintaining a safe and healthy working environment for anyone using the premises or visiting on business. In demonstrating Management’s duty of care, we will take all practicable steps to provide a working environment that minimises incidents of risk or personal injury, ill health or damage to property. We will comply with the Health & Safety at Work Act 2015 in all areas, this includes legislation, regulations, codes of practice and safe operating procedures.
We are committed to:
- Providing employees with appropriate training
- Clarifying employee health & safety responsibilities
- Providing safe plant, equipment, and systems of work
- Regular consultation on health and safety issues
- Designating health & safety responsibilities at a senior management level
- Ensuring managers (including senior management) have an understanding of health & safety management relative to their positions
- Actively encouraging the early reporting of any pain or discomfort
- Providing treatment and rehabilitation plans that ensure a safe, early and durable return to work.
A safe working culture is the responsibility of everyone, and this can be best achieved and continuously improved, through co-operative efforts of employees.
A safe culture will be reinforced through:
- Continually identifying, assessing and controlling possible risks to the health and safety of people that may arise in the workplace
- The provision of information concerning such risks and the promotion, instruction, training and supervision of employees to ensure safe work practices
- Giving employees and when appropriate, customers the opportunity to participate in health and safety decisions that affect them
- Accurate reporting and recording in all health and safety matters
- Formally recognising excellence in the health & safety management, & innovations by staff.
In the interests of maintaining safety, contractors, their employees, visitors and customers are required to observe and comply with all health and safety standards and rules produced. This includes any safety signage or warnings, or instruction given be any company employee whilst on our premises (or on site).